39 Flower Prints were born!
I spent the better part of last week working on stretching a whole new batch of Giclee prints for some upcoming events I’m participating in.
It was a marathon of stretching for me, as I assembled 30 small flower prints and 9 large prints. Thank goodness for my new POWER Stapler — AND the ear plugs! (Why didn’t I think of using these two invaluable tools years ago?)
Below are some photos I took throughout the process of getting these prints onto the wooden stretcher bars.
The first event where I showed my prints happened last Thursday night at TWIGS Tempietto. It was a fundraiser for the National Pancreas Foundation. Even though this event was brand new, it still raised $6,300 for this great cause, thanks to all the hard work of Christy Dias (founder of the Cranky Panky.)
Click here to read more about the event.
They look awesome. I didn’t know they made electric staple guns!!! Did you have the frames custom built to size? I order giclées already stretched and the one thing I don’t like is that there is about 1/8″ of the image wrapped over the edge. Does your image do that as well?
Hey, thanks! I didn’t know about electric staple guns either, until one day I was investing doing some upholstery and they mentioned it. I got the staple gun on Amazon.com for about $30. The brand is Arrow. I did jamb a few times, but I figured out how to take it apart and it’s not a big deal. I think it jammed about 4 times during my 2,500 staples. I get the stretcher bars from http://www.dickblick.com You buy them by the piece, so you just choose your size. Then they fit together and you just staple the corners.I had my images set up by the printer to be the exact size of the frame. So no, it doesn’t bleed over the size. I never intended to stretch them myself, but couldn’t justify the cost. Once you get the hang of it, it’s not so bad. I think I probably do just as good as anyone, mostly because I care so much about them looking perfect since it’s my art. Good luck!!! 🙂